12.07.2009

Paddy's Pub

After several nudges from several different directions over approximately two years, I finally caved and checked out "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

I gotta say, it's hilarious.

Another nod of appreciation to all involved, namely Bill, Doug, Andrew, and JD, as well as several people who (most likely) don't even remember suggesting the show to me.

What I like about the show is the writing. Apart from the hilarious situations these people find themselves in, the conversation tone and phrasing are hilariously appropriate to each scene. The actors do it well, and it shows they had input on the lines (I believe the men who play Dennis and Mac are creators, and Charlie is somehow involved). Also, is it just me or does Dee remind you of Sarah Chalke from Scrubs? Not just appearance wise, but also the sound of her voice and delivery is similar.

One thing that kinda bugged me is the addition of Danny Devito. I've only watched three episodes from season two, but it feels like his addition to the show was forced. The character even forces himself onto "the gang" in the dialogue, as well as purchasing half the bar and moving in with Charlie against his will. What's also weird about my feelings towards Devito is that a few people have actually mentioned that he is their favorite character. But the first season was so good, how can he be such a positive impact on the show? What was the motivation to adding Devito so abruptly? and is it necessary in subsequent seasons? I'm assuming my final question will be answered while watching the rest of the series.

So, all in all, great show. I look forward to checking out the bulk of it. It is finals week next week, so what else would i do? study? ha!

No comments: