12.27.2009

Camouflage

Now I know i'm not the only one who hates it when people wear camouflage.

First, I'd like to say that my cousin Kenny Holliday is currently stationed in the Middle East (Iraq) and is the baddest ass I know. That being said, I wholeheartedly agree with his camo-wearing. He's living in a god damned sandbox.

Also, I've hunted before (once, when I was a wee lad) and it's crucial to wear fatigues to hide from unsuspecting prey. A man's got to eat venison once in his life don't you know.

And finally, I grew up in a family that consisted of a grandfather who preferred teaching his grandsons (my cousins Derek, Travis, my brother JD, and myself) how to dress and act like a marine before we even reached the 3rd grade. I knew how to sing the Marine Corps Hymn and how to properly stand at attention before I could do simple math.

Taking all of this into consideration, I think it's safe to say that there is a time and a place for everything. In this case, there is a time to wear camouflage, and there are MANY times in which it is stupid looking. Take last night for instance.

My Father, his wife Jess, my brother, and myself were all sitting at the Steakhouse in Woodbridge putting a few away and talking and laughing. In walks some white dude that mixed the "wigger" look with the "camo-douche" look for a grand combination that I like to call Camo-Fage. It's just not the right venue. Now, If we had been hiking? Fine. If we were all running out to shoot a buck? Ok. But we're in a good damn bar on a Saturday Night!

Retard.

No comments: