5.17.2009

Me

Ive realized that there has never been a formal introduction.

I'm Paul Barrett
I'm an average student at George Mason University, average only because i don't care enough to try. I've failed two classes in the last year and I won't be getting credit for a third (C required, C- earned). I have awesome friends who share very common interests that I don't understand why others don't enjoy them. I mean, roof hopping is quite amazing. At least I think it is.
I work at a Minor League Baseball Team in Northern Virginia, The Potomac Nationals. I'm a huge nerd when it comes to sports, and I'm ok with that. I like to know the weird facts and historical nuances of the game. My most recent obsession has been Minor League Baseball, and I feel like that would be a great career path for me.
Currently, I am the Ticket Manager for the Nationals. I've been at the stadium for 4 and a half years now, and I'll be the "Acting" (as in temporary) Director of Ticket Operations for the Nationals for the remainder of the 2009 season, starting May 29th. You can read about that jazz here.
Music is a big thing with me. I am almost always singing along in my head to a song that i just heard or remembered. Most recently, i've been big on Death Cab and Ben Folds as well as a rekindled interest in the Killers and Snow Patrol. Granted, NONE of these artists would make my top 10, I would have to claim they are great.
I wear contacts for long distance, I brush my teeth twice a day at best and I never floss.
That smell you smell? Vanilla moisturizer, Old Spice deodorant, Snuggle Fabric Softener and a hint of nivea aftershave. Mystery solved people.
Yea that's right, I wear moisturizer, wanna fight about it?
My favorite movie, all time, is Sleepless in Seattle, it will always remind me of my grandparents and laying on the floor in the mustard room at night in the summer, regardless of who I watch it with and what new memories the film brings me.
My least favorite thing in the whole world is spiders. those hairy bastards freak the shit out of me and I will probably never get over it.
I absolutely love pickles and I have and will continue to drink the juice out of the jar. You can't stop me.
Cooking is fun and exciting for me. I wish I dedicated more time and money to it, but I don't so I will get by with the meager ingredients and the basic knowledge of mixing flavors I have to create meals.
I drive a VW golf that i've been told by three people looks purple, even though it is straight up blue. I don't see it, and I'm glad.
I want to live in Seattle, partly because of the movie feelings, and partly because I love to travel, but mostly because of my love for rain.
I know who I am. I know what I like. I understand where I'm going, and I've learned from my mistakes. I couldn't be happier with what I have and how I'm living. If it comes across as egotistical or self centered, you've misinterpreted what i'm saying. Frankly, I just don't care about anything that's a negative force for me and I've feel i've differentiated the positive from the negative pretty well.

Hmm, this will count as Saturday's post and Look for another to come for Sunday. I will discuss hot dogs. I look forward to sharing.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Nice to meet you Paul.