4.04.2009

Music and Memory cont..

Last we spoke, I was trying to make a point about how music ties into our memory. Here's my second attempt.

I guess this goes back to when I talked about our past; when something happens to us, or we meet someone, we are inevitably going to remember the event. Our minds, and this is just me talking, I haven't researched this or anything, our minds look to other influences around us that will trigger that memory. I'm probably not alone in this, but music is a big influence in my life. So I relate music to everything around me. Because of this, I always think go people, places, or a time period when I hear music.

In most cases, it's a great thing. In others, not so much. I generally always relate music to people and the relationships I have with them. If I ever don't like a song or a band, it's probably because they remind me of someone I really dislike, or someone whom I've yet to resolve issues with. I'm not one to hold grudges, but there are some people out there that I just get along with and, as a result, I can't think of them without getting a little peeved. So, needless to say (but then why am I saying it?) I dislike the music that reminds me of that person.

Well I hoped this has been exciting. I promise to return to less thought provoking stuff eventually. I just have had a lot on my mind recently. Which is always better than having absolutely nothing on my mind.

No comments: