1.21.2009

Motivation

Beginning of classes for me tomorrow, So for tonight my entry will be short. I have to read 5 syllabi (is that correct?) by tomorrow morning and some stuff out of my book.

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
--Jim Rohn

I think this applies greatly with anyone's life. I read once that you needed to do something for two weeks straight before it becomes a habit. I like that thought. Do you think that if I pick my nose every day at around 4:00 pm, I'll be tempted to do it without even thinking about it two weeks later? I hope not.

Motivation is a great tool. If I'm motivated enough, I could reorganize my dorm, tonight. You could also say that if I was motivated enough, I could jump out of my window (ow..) or join a cult. No one wants that.

No comments: