11.14.2009

Thinking about a few DIY Projects

First, a RARE link to a pre 2009 post on this blog here. I'd like to actually follow through on this. So far so good; I have a long sleeve shirt with BAUGH 33 printed on the back and 33 on either sleeve, much like the jersey here. All I need now is the stripes on the shoulder. The best option would be to screen print it, but I don't know how to do it very well. The next option is to sew strips of burgundy fabric on to the shirt. Hopefully more details to follow; but in the mean time, I will continue to enjoy my Baugh jersey/shirt.

Next, we have this. No I don't want to build a basketball arena in Denver and diabolically name it the Coca Cola Center, but rather I'd like to paint the 8 foot by 4 foot piece of ply wood in my basement like the McNichols Arena from the mid 80's and use it as my beer pong table. The unfinished Home Depot slab of tree bark is a nice look, but it could use a little more paint. You might be asking, "why the mid 80's Denver Nuggets?" My answer to that would be a simple, "why the hell not?" It's one of the ugliest uniforms in the NBA (not the worst, by a long shot) and the most colorful in the past 20 years. The first project is much more likely to happen, but it's nice to think about.

No comments: