11.08.2008

Home Made Uniform Project

I am currently creating my own Redskins Jersey from scratch. 

Here's the basics: 

Long sleeve beige shirt, cotton material (i really don't like the feel of the jersey fabric) with burgundy fabric patches sewn on to create this look.





















I think the look is great, I'm excited to see how it will turn out. I'm toying with the idea of putting a name on the back. If I do, then I'd have to pick a name that I wouldn't mind cutting individual letters for. 

Proposed Names / Numbers:

#9       Sonny Jurgenson    
#42     Charley Taylor          
#44     John Riggins
#81     Art Monk

The problems here are I don't want the uniform to be period-inaccurate. I wouldn't be comfortable with having Riggins or Monk on there strictly because they didn't wear the uniform. 

So that strikes out Monk and Riggins.

The problem with Jurgenson is the amount of patience I would have to have to cut out the name Jurgenson. Then again, if I don't do the NOB (name on back) then I wouldn't have to worry about it. With Taylor, I feel like people would confuse him with the late Sean Taylor, whose number was 21.  
21 x 2 = 42. 

I think if I were to do this, I'd want it to be done right. If anyone out there actually reads this, please help me out by picking one of the above four and writing your choice in the comments section (click "comments" below). 

Thanks in advance, and If there is no response, Oh well. I guess I could always flip a coin. 

Did they invent four sided coins yet?

No comments: