11.04.2009

After Movie Weirdness

I've talked about this with someone before, years ago I guess it was, but I really don't know if we're alone in this thought. You ever watched a movie and then feel emotionally different afterward? I'm trying to explain this as well as possible, but it's proving difficult.

Hypothetical situation, you see a movie and within that movie there is a character written so that the audience empathizes with them. Have you ever, after watching the movie and feeling this empathy, been unable to knock yourself out of that mood for some amount of time? I'm kind of in that state now. It's hard to describe, kind of like a different personality or mood but at the same time you're just feeling different.

I don't know, maybe I'm just not articulating it well. A good example of this is when I was young, say around 7 or 8, I saw a movie and the main character had a learning disability. Now I'm not saying I felt like I had a learning disability, but I certainly felt "ill" for some time after the movie. Another example is seeing a movie that you can describe as "bad ass" and all you want to do after is get in a fight or break something. It's a strange sensation and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Well tomorrow I have registration for classes, I'm looking forward to it as I've just recently declared a minor to go along with my Marketing Degree. Economics. Let's hope all the classes I want are still available!

3 comments:

n said...

um well when i was like 8 i saw a movie with monkeys in it (it may have been some form of king-kong) and afterward i wanted to be/acted like a gorilla for the rest of the day? btw im lame, so this might not be what you're talking about at all.

Bill said...

When I watch Old School, I wanna go to Home Depot. But seriously, I know exactly what you mean.

Fun Dad said...

haha yea its' kinda like that Corinne!

and bill, lay off the alcohol ;-p