3.19.2009

Street Lights

Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm not. I don't know. But what I do know is that numerous times during my life on this planet a streetlight will suddenly turn on or off without explanation as I am right beneath it.

The most memorable of these occurrences actually happened quite a lot. On trips to and from a girlfriends house, one particular light would always go on or off when I drove past it. This happened every single time. There are no exceptions.

Does anyone else have this happen to them? Am i paranoid?

Tonight while walking on campus, a streetlight popped on above me just outside of lecture hall. Another switched off just as I passed beneath it, this time several moments later and on the other end of campus.

The only rational explanation that I can think of is the lights are on a timer, and I just happen to be very lucky (or unlucky) and catch the lights as the transition to and from "power save mode". In reality, I think there is someone hiding behind a tree with a light control.

1 comment:

Bill said...

First off- you are crazy. But yea, this happens to me all the time as well.