3.24.2009

Break you're mother's back.

George Mason University's campus is riddled with sidewalks and paths, most of which I use on a daily basis. If you've ever seen me walk, I take a pretty speedy pace. Generally this is due to the fact that I avoid stepping on cracks.
I know, what am I like 8?
I've gotten so used to the length my stride needs to be to avoid the cracks that I don't even have to look down anymore. And just to be clear, when I say "crack" I mean the man-made separation between sidewalk squares, the natural cracks that are very large, or the change in building material (sidewalk to brick etc) or tile colors indoors.

Now that I'm thinking about it, did anyone else avoid a certain tile color when they were in school? I remember my elementary school had different color floor tiles in some weird pattern and I'd avoid stepping on the red or green or what have you and I'd pretend it was lava.

I don't know why avoid the cracks, I guess i make a game out of it when I walk. It's not just when i'm walking alone, i do it when I'm with people. Maybe i've done it with you, the reader, and you didnt notice it.

No comments: